Standard Armstrong Water to Water (W) complete Shell and Tube Heat Exchangers. 2 and 4 pass units, 4″ nominal thru 10″ nominal in our catalog. Larger units available upon request.
Armstrong U-Tube heat exchangers are designed for durability and include a removable tube bundle as a standard feature. The U-shaped tube design provides a long service life by eliminating the effects of thermal expansion and contraction. These heat exchangers feature carbon steel components, with copper tubes, and a rugged cast iron head.
Standard Copper (tubes), carbon steel (shell, tube sheet, baffles) Optional Brass (tubes, tube sheets, baffles), bronze (heads), stainless steel (tubes, tube sheets, heads, shells, baffles), 90/10 Cu-Ni (tubes)
• Carbon steel shell, tubesheet and baffles
• Heavy-duty U-shaped copper tubes
• 2 and 4-pass construction
• Constructed in accordance with ASME Boiler Code Section viii, Division 1
• 4” to 30” (102 mm to 762 mm) diameter in varying lengths
• ws – water in tubes, steam in shell
• wr – steam in tubes, fluid in shell
• w – fluid in tubes and shell
• – CRN Stamped From Factory